NCWorks Career Center COVID-19 Tips
Here are some simple, common-sense things that we all can do to promote good health and try to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. (Try to cough into your elbow)
- Do not reuse a tissue after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched (cell phones, desk phones, keyboards, remote controls, countertops, refrigerator and door handles, etc.).
- If you feel sick, stay at home and call your doctor or other health-care provider.
- Remember that older adults and people who have severe chronic medical conditions like heart, lung or kidney disease and those with weakened immune systems seem to be at higher risk for more serious COVID-19 illness.
- Please wear a mask when entering the facility.
- Maintain “social distancing” (commonly defined as staying approximately six feet away from other people) and avoid large crowds.
- Go to reliable sources of information, including the N.C. Department of Health & Human Services: www.ncdhhs.gov/coronavirus
Article is closed for comments.