Staff at the NCWorks Career Center can assist with your employment search in multiple ways, including:
- Providing referrals to employers who are hiring employees.
- Assisting with training and retraining usually through referrals to partnering agencies.
You can utilize NCWorks Online (www.ncworks.gov) to conduct job searches. While you're logged in to NCWorks Online, you may check out the many resources the Division of Workforce Solutions (DWS) has online to assist you with your re-employment efforts.
The Veterans’ Employment Representatives at NCWorks can provide services for veterans with barriers to employment. There are two categories of veteran’s representatives that work in local offices:
- Local Veterans Employment Representatives (LVER). LVERs work with employers, advocating on behalf of veterans to assist them in getting hired.
- Disabled Veteran Outreach Program Specialist (DVOP). DVOPs work with veterans and eligible spouses that have Significant Barriers to Employment (SBE).
In addition, Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E) services are available to Active Duty service members if they:
- Expect to receive an honorable or other than dishonorable discharge upon separation from active duty
- Obtain a memorandum rating of 20% or more from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and
- Apply for VR&E services
Veteran staff funding comes from the Jobs for Veterans State Grant (JVSG). While our Veteran’s Department can’t get or guarantee anyone a job, we are here to help you achieve your employment goal.
Article is closed for comments.